Tuesday 2 November 2010

Applications

I am really a sucker for applications. In the same way that Mr Hogan likes his gadgets, I cannot resist a good piece of software. Or, truth be told, any piece of software. My hard disk is littered with partial and abandoned installations. There is a reason, why I have a "private" laptop - who knows what the IT support people would have to say. Furthermore I count myself lucky by not having an iphone, ipad, etc - I would display "permanently busy with app installations" on my communicator.
 
In a somewhat related development, I have actually become pretty adapt in rooting out viruses, worms, and other harmful creatures. I know they have a right to live - but not in my backyard.
 
Now and then, there is a break-through app for me. This year's favourite - Tibco Sportfire. If you haven't tried it - go for it. It changed the way I explore data and it is a joy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment