Wednesday 23 February 2011

My own hotel

Hello fellow bloggers,

yes I finally fulfilled my final ambition. As many of you will know, I spend a fair amount of my life in hotel rooms. I like them, simple as that. Where else can you use as many towels as you want without the consequences of doing laundry? Which other environment can be messed up nicely during the evening only to be transformed back into its virgin, organised, and anodine state as if by means of a miracle during the working day when you are away?

I also like the boutique chique in modern abodes of this type. The tasteful colour schemes, the mirrors, the carefully placed pieces of art. And let's not talk about the bedding and above all the pillows! The pillows! The plethora of cushions, tastefully arranged only to be thrown carelessly across the floor during ther ritual of going to bed (or passing out, depending on the quality and available quantity of alcoholic beverages contained in that wonderful invention, also known as the minibar).

I have spent many a blissful hour working in these rooms, uninterrupted, with mindless TV in foreign tounges providing the acoustic backdrop to my attempts to defining the future of my little business unit.

Now I have found the perfect solution. I have renovated my bedroom at home and, because it is only just finished, it is empty, save my bed and a simple table to provide a home for my laptop (and the brand new LED flatscreen TV on the wall). Tasteful - peaceful - it is a boutique hotel wet dream come true. And because all other rooms are clogged up with stuff which normally lives in the bedroom, it's the only place I can use to work!
All I need is a maid and a minibar and I will no longer feel the need to travel at all.

Good night labrats M.

No comments:

Post a Comment